Call for papers: International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development
The Editorial Board of Wazo Magazine, free collaborative magazine published by Wazo Coop (ISSN 2444-1201), presents a Call for Papers for the Autumn 2021 Issue.
Wazo Magazine is a social journal supported by worldwide professionals who presents articles in spanish and english about Social and Solidarity Economy and Creative Cultural Industries. It is published every season in digital format to reduce the environmental impact and carbon footprint on www.wazomagazine.com
The topic for this call is inspired by the 74th session of the UN General Assembly in 2019 when the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development was declared. Wazo Magazine Autumn 2021 aims to celebrate the potential of the creative economy and to highlight its key challenges.
Autumn 2021 Issue will compile informative articles about projects and experiences that celebrate the power of the creative economy for sustainable development and the UNESCO key messages:
- Artists and cultural professionals are essential workers in the creative economy. Projects and experiences aimed to highlight the importance of artists and cultural professionals and to correct vulnerabilities in the sector by reviewing policies concerning the Status of the Artist, fair remuneration for creative work, and artistic freedom.
- Culture is a key driver of sustainable growth and prosperity. Projects and experiences aimed to stimulate culture’s contribution to sustainable growth patterns, including COVID-19 pandemic crisis, to provide an enabling environment for cultural and creative employment and to ensure more robust data collection systems.
- The digital environment offers new opportunities for creative work and engagement, but it also comes with additional challenges. Projects and experiences aimed at digitisation adapting cultural policies to the digital revolution.
The Editorial Board of Wazo Magazine will select proposals on topics addressing experiences and projects that celebrate the power of the creative economy for sustainable development and the UNESCO key messages in the context of the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.
Deadline for paper submissions
20th of September 2021
Please send an email to the address email@example.com attaching the following files:
- Format .docx
- Font: Times New Roman 12
- Inclusive language
- Text: Justify and indentation
- Language: Spanish or English.
- Length: Between 2000 and 4000 characters (including spaces).
- The file of the article should be labeled with the name of the author and the title as follows: Surname_Name_Title.docx
- Just in case you are the owner of the photos
- High resolution images
- Please do not include images on the .docx file
- Please attach them in the email or send them via Dropbox, Google Drive, Wetransfer…
- Copy of a valid identification (i.e. Passport)
About Wazo Coop
Wazo Coop is spanish non-profit cooperative that generates positive impact in rural areas
We empower people for rural areas to promote positive impact in local communities. We cooperate and develop projects for social transformation of rural areas, we promote participatory leadership by means of innovation and creativity methods for positive changes.
Discover our work on www.wazo.es