The “Social Cooperative Contest for Secondary Schools” (ScoopConSS), project co-funded by the European Union, is piloting an innovative and engaging methodology to introduce and enhance cooperative business education in secondary schools, starting from topic-related teachers who will involve colleagues from other disciplines and students in the simulated establishment of a social cooperative focused on one or more of the 17 UN SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). Within a framework of this project, a consortium of six partner organizations from five countries (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Croatia and Greece) are working together, focusing on the concept of Cooperative business education in Secondary Schools.
The main objective of the ScoopConSS project is to build a Community of Practice for European secondary school teachers interested in boosting their teaching practice by using different entrepreneurial methods based on the cooperative principles of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
- Desk research and cross-checked analysis of successful practices in youth entrepreneurship training and education schemes (stabilize knowledge).
- National and international coaching circles with business, marketing and administrative secondary school teachers for the participated design of a training programme aimed at enhancing their competences on cooperative business, cooperative and project based teaching methods, multidisciplinary and open schooling approaches (promote innovative teaching methods).
- Development, piloting and revision of a blended training course to support teachers in mentoring their students for the participation at the first edition of the EU Scoop! Contest, a Social Cooperative Simulation Contest to be scaled-up at EU level (develop skills).
- Better understanding of existing trainings tools on teaching entrepreneurship.
- Modernization/adaptation of the existing curricula to create specific tools for social business teaching.
- Implementation of a blended-training course on cooperative business.
- Teaching tools experimentation and students mentoring
If you are interested in knowing more details about the project you can visit the website https://scoopconss.eu/ and you can like us on Facebook or follow us and engage the discussion about the project on LinkedIn.
Enjoy the reading and stay tuned!
The ScoopConSS team!